Thursday 26 September 2013

Love locked

 

The door to my heart locked when you walk out on me
You sealed it with a time lock to be locked eternally
You thought it's locked forever and I could never love anew
But today must be forever cause the light is shining through

And now the time lock has opened up the door to my heart
The seal you thought was so secure has shattered all apart
My heart has struck the lock and kept this hurt lock before you
And now somebody else is broken the time lock falling through

When you sealed the time lock you locked my heart up tight
Inside the heart it's cold and dark without a sparkling light
Another's love was strong enough to break the seal in two
This new love I feel is true and real at last I'm free from you

And now the time lock has opened...
Time Lock, George Jones
 

None of your time is wasted
None of your fears are wrong
But I gotta lock your heart down
I gotta lock your heart
And I wanna be your lover on the days I'm gonna be a wreck
I gotta lock your heart down, I gotta lock your heart

We've been
Living inside of all of this tension, the way it is
But I need it
And if it ain't human, I don't want to feel it
So bring it back around again and sing

We show up
Getting tired of living just to get torn up, from the way it is
Oh, so let's live it up
Maybe we're not kids but we're not growing up
So bring it back around again and sing

And if I'm honest, I'm not always fine
Cause I don't want to be left out on my own
And I spent all my time drawing battle lines
Cause I don't want to leave well enough alone
I just want to be old enough to know
Lock your heart down, Churchill
 
 
Love locks: Close to the entrance of Shoreditch High Street overground station.

No comments:

Post a Comment