Wednesday 6 November 2013

I don't know what colour lonely is.


“All great and precious things are lonely.”
John Steinbeck, East of Eden


“there is a loneliness in this world so great that you can see it in the slow movement of the hands of a clock” 
Charles Bukowski, Love is a Dog from Hell


“I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.” 
Rainer Maria Rilke

“Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.”  
 Edna St Vincent Millay


“They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars—on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.” 
Robert Frost, The Poetry of Robert Frost


“I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.”  
    Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment