Saturday 10 August 2013

Art: Rebecca explains it all



 Flora Borsi, the Corn Poppy

What constitutes "art"?  What constitutes good art?  Is it in the eye of the beholder?  Is any old rubbish "art" because the artist says so?  I don't know the answer to these questions (if I did I would tell you).  But by asking friends, family, artists (musicians mostly) and complete strangers I thought I might find out.  Three questions were set:
1.  What is art?
2.  What is your favourite piece of art?
3.  Is wallpaper art?

Over the next 100 days I'll post 100 responses.  Then we'll know.  If you have any answers you'd like to share please do. 

My favourite piece of art is . . . no . . .
My favourite piece of visual art is . . . no . . .
My current favourite piece of visual art is The Corn Poppy by Kees van Dongen . . . no . . .
My current favourite piece of visual art is Flora Borsi's treatment of The Corn Poppy by Kees van Dongen from her series of photographs imagining Models of Abstract Paintings as real people.

buy Flora here

No comments:

Post a Comment