Friday 9 December 2016

heartfelt tribute


Another famous person from my teenage years has died

I think this heartfelt message, from FB user Sea Shore, speaks for all of us. Its beauty is in its simplicity and its universal message.  Each one of can identify deeply with it.   It's almost a haiku.

another famous
person from my teenage years 
has died, rest in peace

Actually.  It's mad.  It's soulless.  It's empty.  It has no heart.  From the words it is impossible to know how the writer is affected by the news.  It is unclear what the point of the update was. 

It doesn't say
David Bowie's appearance on TOTP performing Starman showed me I could be anything  wanted to be  
or
Alan Vega's work with Suicide redefined and repurposed music listening for me 
or
I used to love listening to Terry Wogan on the coach journey to college every morning September 1977 - May 79 
or  
Greg Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas was one of the great subversive works of modern art. 

Those are some of the things I might have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment