Monday 25 July 2016

Your mother shouldn't like it

 Cheo, Mister Men, Upfest, 2016

Cheo, Mr Graff, Upfest, 2016

Many years ago, back in the '70s, there was a radio show, hosted by Charlie Gillett, called Your Mother Wouldn't Like It.  Mostly the music played was pub rock, until punk came along.  I thought it was a great title for a radio show playing new music.  It should be a prerequisite of rock and roll music, your mother wouldn't like it.  

Should the same be true for graffiti?  Cheo has been painting Mr Men around Bristol for Upfest 2016.  Great for the kids, great for families.  But should it be?  Isn't  Your Mother Wouldn't Like It part of the deal with graffiti?  

Here's a few shots from the local skate park.  Your mother might not like it bit I do.







1 comment:

  1. Graffiti is honestly my favourite form of art. This is truly amazing work, it will surely help me get some ideas so I can start learning how to do it.

    ReplyDelete