Thursday 1 May 2014

a place for dreaming

 
a place for dreaming and for people to open up to one another
Claire Kito

 
"Le mur des je t'aime" by Frédéric Baron and Claire Kito at Montmarte features the phrase "I love you" written on it 300 different languages. 


Author, musician and composer Baron collected a thousand  "I love you"s because he found it difficult to say Je t'aime.   His songs include "Je t'aime to Destruction", "Dare to Say Je t'aime".

 
Calligrapher Claire Kito is responsible for the visual interpretaion of Baron's obsessive collection.  A labour of love.  You can find more here and buy a postcard too.


Space Invaders can be seen all over Paris, there may be a thousand of them according to Invader's website.  As a retro-futuristic website www.space-invaders.com is hard to beat.


 Every time I look down on this timeless town
Whether blue or gray be her skies
Whether loud be her cheers or whether soft be her tears
More and more do I realize
 
That I love Paris in the spring time
I love Paris in the fall
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles



I love Paris every moment
Every moment of the year
I love Paris, why oh, why do I love Paris?
Because my love is near

walls are not the only place for graffiti

 
 
graffiti isn't the only form of street art
here is Marcel Ayme, the author of The Man Who Walked Through Walls (see what they did there!).  Worth reading if you finished the one about the Rhinocerous.

 
And here is the Montmartre we all know and love.  Who amongst us hasn't got a Montmartre caricature/silhouette/sketch of a loved one around somewhere?
 
All photos by Mme Akriche

No comments:

Post a Comment