Saturday 8 February 2014

Happy Birthday, Beccy

 Bedtime for Beccy Bigboots

 
"Bedtime" said Mummy Bigboots.
 
"I don't want to go to bed. I want to play with my toys," said Beccy.
 
"You can't play with your toys," answered Mummy, "but you can have a bath before bed."
 
So Mummy dragged Beccy kicking and screaming into the bathroom.


 Beccy splashed about with her toys in the bath.
 
"I don't want to go to bed.  I want to go and see Nanny Bigboots," said Beccy.
 
"you can't go and see Nanny Bigboots," said Mummy, "but you can wash your hair before you get out of the bath."
 
So Beccy grabbed the shampoo and with a splish and a splash started washing her hair.  But she was thinking about other things she wanted to do.

 
Beccy jumped out of the bath and stood dripping on the carpet.
 
I don't want to go to bed," said Beccy.  "I want to go for a picnic!"
 
"We can't go for a picnin at this time of night but you can dry yourself before you go to bed," said Mummy.
 
Beccy gave herself a big kitty shake and quake to get the bathwater off her.  Just to make sure she also had a jiggle and a joggle.
 
 
"I don't want to go to bed. I want to play on the swings," said Beccy.
 
"Well you'll be cold like that. Put your pyjamas on before you go to bed."
 
So Beccy grumpily put on her pyjamas and sat on the side of the bath, daydreaming.
 


"I don't want to go to bed.  I want to go swimming" said Beccy.
 
I think you had enough of that in the bath," said Mummy, "now, go and brush your teeth before you go to bed."
 
Beccy gave her teeth a good polishing and presented her Mum with a big gleaming smile.
 
"Mummy" said Beccy.
 
"Yes, Beccy" answered Mummy.
 
"Please may I have a story before I go to bed" asked Beccy.
 
 
"Of course you can" said Mummy, who read Beccy a bedtime story and gave her a big, kitty, kiss.
 
 
 Whaddya mean you're 19 and at Univeristy now and don't need a bedtime story?
 
with apologies to Cindy Szerkeres, author and illustrator of Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws, the inspiration for this home made book for baby Beccy.  Many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment